Who are we? What are we doing?
Both our B.Sc. NLP and our M.Sc. CL are relatively small programs with each about 30 first term students per year each. On average, one or two of these students becomes a member of our group, representing the voice of all our students in any official discussion at the institute, improving our study conditions through student feedback. During the semester we meet once a week and discuss updates and what’s coming next.
Currently (Summer 2022) our meetings take place every week on Friday, 1pm. If you are interested in joining us, just come by to the student representatives’ room or write us!
- represent student interests in both the study commission and the examination board
- work on the design of the examination regulations and the syllabus
- co-organize the welcome meeting for freshmen
- organize events: We’re responsible for the summer party and the Christmas party at our institute as well as other parties, grilling events, pub crawls and Games Nights
- provide exams and thesis examples of past terms
- serve as student contacts for questions regarding studies and equal opportunities
- organize student conferences/meetings (TaCoS and StuTS) in Stuttgart
The student representatives of the department of computer science (FIUS) additionally provide you even more support, such as a beginner’s Java course, locker rental and a freshmen weekend.